Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dining manners matter-lunch at Tsunami


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to dine with my family at Tsunami in South Jordan, UT.  It's one of my favorite places to eat; we frequent the restaurant both as a couple and as a family.  We taped a Studio 5 segment that day that was geared toward eating out as a family and how to help our children learn good manners while dining.  The managers and servers were so accommodating and I wanted to publicly thank them for their support and generosity.

I loved having my kids tape the segment with me and I had the unique chance to have my mom with us (visiting from CA).  She is, after all, the reason that I have most of the knowledge that I do...she always emphasized good manners, especially while dining out.  I remember going to nice restaurants and practicing how to sit, which utensils to use, and how to behave.  I remember my brother being the first one in our family (younger brother) to try lobster at the tender age of 8.

Dining out is a privilege; food is a necessity.  I love that perspective.  I believe we should teach our children that they are privileged to dine out and should behave accordingly.

Thank you again to Tsunami, Kimber (General Manager), and Marcus (GM of the South Jordan location) for being such gracious hosts.  Thank you to Brooke and Darrin (the hosts of Studio 5).  They always have great input and ideas to help make the Manners Matter segment a success.


I feel blessed to have the chance to speak about something I love, and to write about it.  It isn't work when you love it.

My two cents

No comments:

 
arrow-up.gif