Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Comments??

I am faced with the difficult decision of whether or not to continue accepting comments. I truly value the valid comments that I get, but the random ones in a language that I can't read are becoming annoying. I have always come from the school of thought that the simpler I make it for people to comment, the more they will, but it's turned out that my blog (as pointed out by a friend) is really more of a library to peruse rather than a controversial blog that people really want to comment on.

I get many emails that I enjoy answering- and I think that's what people enjoy: asking questions through that more private outlet rather than having their dirty laundry aired for everyone to see.

What are your thoughts? How upset do you think readers would be if I took off comments from now on?


3 comments:

Jeannette said...

You still get spam comments with the word verification? That's odd. If you don't get too many, you may try verifying them first (if you don't already). It'd be a shame to get rid of comments, but I'd understand.

Jodee said...

I enjoy leaving and receiving comments so I wouldn't take them off. However, I get comments in Chinese on occasion and I always wonder what they are saying! I could delete them but I just leave them!

Julie said...

I'm good either way, since I can just call you! hehehehe!

 
arrow-up.gif