Thursday, July 17, 2008

Come on in, the weather's fine





We had a dinner party at home last night in honor of a friend who has just moved back to Utah. We set the table for everyone over eight and then set a "little girls" table that looked just like ours with flowers and everything.

I realized that we don't use two forks enough because half way through dinner, my eight year old daughter blurted out, "what's this fork for mom?" I was a little embarrassed, but I smiled and said, "oh that's for the steak and the mashed potatoes babe." I think the last time we had more than three pieces of silverware at the table I'm sorry to say was for Christmas Eve dinner.


I was reminded of a few things:
  1. It's lovely when your family and guests can sit down comfortably and in style and everyone feels welcome and happy.
  2. The hostess always should direct the guest to their seat, we should never assume they know where they're sitting.
  3. It's always nice when the guest offers to help you with the dishes, but save them for later and enjoy your guests...the dishes aren't going anywhere.
  4. A game plan for the evening is always good.
  5. If you have a guest to your home who has never seen it, it's never a bad idea to be prepared to show the house to them should they ask.
Have a great evening!

No comments:

 
arrow-up.gif