Friday, February 8, 2013

A love letter

Not an etiquette or manners topic.  Just something on my mind.  I really miss my best friend.  We laugh together, we cry together (mostly I cry, she listens because she's the strong one), we shop together, we eat lunch together, we work out problems together, we are best friends.

My best friend moved last August and I miss her.  It's like someone took my left hand and won't give it back.  I am left handed.  She is always warm where she lives now and I'm looking at the snow outside wishing we still lived three minutes away from each other.  One day I noticed I could even see my house from her back window.

My best friend keeps things to herself when I tell her something.  "In the vault" we call it.  I respect that.  I do the same for her.  We are strong in different ways for each other.  We are good examples for each other.  We can be silly, loud, quiet, serious, spiritual, it doesn't matter because we are best friends.

My mom always said if you can count the number of true friends you have on one or two hands by the end of your life, you have led a successful life.  I feel I can do this already.  I feel blessed.  I still have one best friend;  I don't have 16 or 28.  I am a lot to take on as a friend, but I give back even more.  I am a commitment, but I am committed.  Not everyone can handle me, but she can.

I love you, I miss you, I am grateful for you and grateful that we met and grateful to her for introducing us knowing we would be best friends.  She was right.

Love,

Janine


No comments:

 
arrow-up.gif