Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Independence Day

I cannot promise with summer and four little ones keeping me on my toes that I will be posting on my one year "anniversary" (which is on the 10th of July) but I am going to try. I would, however, like to wish my fellow Americans a Happy Independence day. I say Americans only because I know I have readers all over the world whom I very much love and I hope to continue to learn more about your holidays and traditions that I might be able to celebrate them as well.

Today's post is simple. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I have made past 4th of July holidays so busy that by the time it's over, I'm so exhausted, I can't even remember if I had fun. I'm to the point in my life where I do still love to entertain, but I have limits on how far I'm willing to take that. For example, my crowd will be just as happy with chicken and burgers as they would be with filet mignon rubbed with a homemade rub and homegrown potatoes slow roasted with homegrown herbs. I laugh as I write that because we do have an extensive garden thanks to my husband so some of those things happen anyway, but only out of convenience, I promise!

I have a post I did a while ago for Fancy Friday (ahhh, I miss Fancy Friday...let me get my kids back in school, we'll get there again, I promise)- on Flag etiquette. Maybe you'll learn something new, I know I did.

Have a fabulous weekend and remember to take time to enjoy!


1 comment:

Chablis said...

And a happy 4th to you! :)

 
arrow-up.gif