Sunday, November 23, 2008

Naughty or nice etiquette tip four


I feel that I've slightly been neglecting my readers and I apologize. That is why I'm breaking my rule and posting on the weekend. I have been so busy with some other things that I literally have not had the time to post...but I'm learning how to do that from my phone...coming soon to a blog near you!

On to the tip! If gift giving with your relatives is getting too expensive, it's okay to scale back — as long as you discuss it with them well in advance. Ending gift escalation is not as hard as you think, if you're willing to be frank. Months before the holidays, bring up the idea of alternative giving schemes. Some options: drawing names, limiting presents to a specific dollar amount, giving gifts only to kids and not to adults. Others will probably be grateful that you were brave enough to start the discussion.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your posts! Sometimes I think of how nice it would be to live in a society that still has manners!

 
arrow-up.gif